early education for the whole child
Calvary Baptist School offers preschool through the ministry of Calvary Baptist Church. Our school teaches in accordance with the Word of God under the authority of the church. Children from all denominations are welcome here.
School office phone: 412-461-6211
School email: [email protected]
- Playgroup: age 2
- Explorers: ages 3-4
- 1/2 day Pre-K: ages 4-5
- Stay all Day Pre-K: ages 4-5
- Begindergarten: ages 4-6
Support the School by participating
in these Fundraisers
- 2021-2022 fundraising is in progress. Contact the school office for details.
Calvary Baptist School’s Health &
Safety Plan for 2021-2022
- Parents and staff will be provided with information regarding COVID-19 related symptoms, protection measures, management of illness at home, and quarantine guidelines if exposed.
- Signs regarding everyday protective measures will be posted in the lobby, and handwashing signs will be posted in the restrooms.
- Parents should keep children home if they are sick. Symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 should be reported to the school so illness trends can be monitored.
- Staff will self-screen daily at home and stay home if sick. Symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 should be reported to the school so illness trends can be monitored.
- Staff will be instructed on health and safety protocols related to COVID-19.
- Children will be received and dismissed at the front door. Congregating in the lobby will not be permitted. Social distancing while waiting outside is advised.
- Temperature screening of students will be done upon arrival to school & when sick during school hours.
- An isolation area will be provided, with adult supervision, until a sick child is picked up by the parent/guardian. Prompt pick up is necessary.
- Adults entering the building and school staff will be required to wear a face mask.
- Children will need to wear a face mask.
- Class size and seating at tables will be adjusted to promote social distancing.
- Individual classes will enjoy the playground and bikes at separate times.
- Students will have their own storage containers for their crayons, pencils, scissors, etc.
- Proper handwashing technique will be taught and reinforced to the students, along with sneeze and cough etiquette.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the classroom for use by the staff and by the students, with supervision.
- There will be frequent handwashing/sanitizing of student and staff hands throughout the day, especially after using tissues, touching their face, before & after eating, after using the restroom, etc.
- Staff will be trained on proper cleaning and disinfection practices and use of cleaning products.
- Table/desk tops will be disinfected prior to eating snacks; snacks sent in must be store-bought items with individually packaged servings.
- There will be regular cleaning/disinfecting of tables, chairs, toys, high touch surfaces, restrooms, and floors.
- School parties/celebrations will be revised to follow the state guidelines at the time of the event. Information will be provided to the parents.
- Spiritual development
- Social and Emotional development
- Physical Growth development
- Language development
- Reading readiness
- Math readiness
- Kindergarten readiness
- Music and art
Calvary Baptist Church School believes that our role is to educate the whole child. We offer developmentally and academically appropriate activities that will prepare your child for kindergarten.
Each child is a unique work of God, made in His image, and should be loved, encouraged, praised and educated by caring Christian teachers.
J O I N U S !
9:15 AM Sunday school
10:30 AM Worship service
E V E N T S
See HOME page & CALENDAR