Also known as “Golgotha” or “the place of the skull,” Calvary is a small hill outside old Jerusalem where our Lord Jesus was crucified. We take this name for our church because there is no greater thing than that our Lord died on a cross to pay the price for our sins. We celebrate Jesus’ death and resurrection because those who believe in Him will live forever in victory with Him. This great gift is given by His grace alone. This name is a continual reminder of His victory over sin and death!
B A P T I S T
We are Baptist in our beliefs and practices because we believe that this is the most accurate understanding of God's Word. God's Word, the Bible, is the only authority to direct us in Christian life. Our church is independent from all denominational oversight and associations. We choose our own pastors and deacons: men evidencing lives directed by the Spirit of God.
C H U R C H
Scripture tells us the church is made up of those who believe in Jesus Christ and are baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We are among the living stones from which Christ's church is built. We intend to be as authentic as we can in this life, but yet also realize that we are not yet made perfect. We are a group of people under the continual process of the Lord's refining to be made more and more like Him in everything we say and do. We are a work in progress that is far from finished, but by His grace and love we strive on.
Our mission is to express our love for Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God through worship in Spirit and Truth; proclaim His Word and strengthen the Body of Christ to obey God and love one another; advance the Gospel in word and deed to lead others to Christ; and pray that we and future generations will trust, honor, and glorify our God.
Our vision for an authentic church: Calvary Baptist Church will make disciples for our Lord Jesus Christ through every part of our worship, teaching, fellowship, and service.
"...and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." 2 Timothy 2:2
We trust wholly in the Lord Jesus Christ for our salvation and believe in Baptist principles, teachings, and practices as follows:
- There is only one God existing in three Divine Persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 3:17, John 1:1-14, Acts 5:1-4)
- The preeminence of Jesus Christ as our Divine Lord and Savior, being born of a virgin, crucified on a cross, and resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-8, Colossians 1:15-20)
- The supreme authority of the Bible as our only rule of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16,17)
- The necessity of the guidance of the Holy Spirit for the interpretation of the Bible (Hebrews 2:4, 2 Peter 1:12-21)
- That sinful mankind must trust only in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to receive new life and eternal life (John 3:16, Acts 16:30, Romans 3:23 and 6:23)
- A regenerate church membership (Acts 2:37-41)
- The beautiful symbolic ordinances of Believer's Baptism by immersion and partaking of the Lord's Supper in obedience to the commands of Christ (Acts 8:26-39, 1 Corinthians 11:17-34)
- The independence of the local church, yet its interdependence in fellowship with churches of like faith (Galatians 1:2, 3 John 5-10)
- The spiritual unity of all believers (1 Corinthians 12:7-13)
- A world-wide program of missionary endeavor and evangelism (Matthew 28:18-20)
- The imminent return of Jesus Christ to earth for His Church (1 Thessalonians 4:16-5:2)
- Pre-millennial, pre-tribulation rapture of the Church (Revelation 20:1-6, Matthew 24:30-31, Ezekiel 34:12-16)
J O I N U S !
9:15 AM Sunday school
10:30 AM Worship service
E V E N T S
Scroll the HOME page and see what's going on!